New Execution Engine (GA)
The previous notebook execution engine provided functionality to manage the lifecycle of the notebook containers. This was a great start, however we saw the opportunity for expanding the notebook capabilities to clusters and additional distributed compute technology which required a New Execution Engine.
Key Benefits of the New Execution Engine
- 1.Improved notebook container start up time
- 2.Support for Spark Clusters (Preview)
- 3.Cloud agnostic and in the future will enable Zepl deployments (SaaS and VPZ) to run on any Cloud Provider including Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- 4.Support for additional distributed compute including GPU, Dask, and Ray in the future
- 5.Remote execution that in the future will move the execution even closer to the customer's data and into their cloud further reducing costs
The best part is there are no specific steps a user needs to take in order to utilize the New Execution Engine for containers. This is now generally available and all new organizations are using it by default. If you are an existing customer and would like to test this prior to turning this on for your current organization(s) Zepl Support ([email protected]) can enable this for a T&E (test & evaluation) organization today! Zepl is planning to move all remaining organizations in the June timeframe.